In order to receive assistance, the income level for your household size must meet established Income Eligibility Guidelines.

In order to verify the income level and benefits in your household, several factors are calculated together to identify whether or not you meet Income Eligibility Guidelines.  In order to verify eligibility, you will need to have the following documents with you. Income documentation is required for every member of the household who is 18 years of age or older:

  • If employed, proof of earned income is needed. This requires a copy of the two most recent pay stubs or a formal letter from the employer.
  • Pension Documentation
  • Proof of Unemployment Compensation
  • Most recent award letter for Social Security, Disability, and/or SSI benefits
  • Most recent award letter(s) for SNAP, TANF, and/or WIC
  • Adult Student – Proof of school enrollment
  • Child Support Documentation/letter
  • DSS Form

You may request this form in person at the Department of Social Services (933 Heckle Blvd, Rock Hill) and bring it with you when applying at Clover Area Assistance Center OR you can call us in advance and we will request it for you. It may take up to one week for us to receive this form once it is requested.

Once you have compiled all the documentation necessary to apply, you are ready to come to Clover Area Assistance Center to apply for services in person.**

Apply for Assistance

**Note: When at CAAC, you will be required to sign an Income Verification Form. This form must be signed in person for everyone in the household over the age of 18. This requirement may be waved if documentation is provided showing that the person is in school or working full time. Please call us if you have any questions.