How to Apply for Help
Sometimes life is hard. At Clover Area Assistance Center, we understand how difficult it can be to support an individual or an entire family. We know that circumstances change for people everyday. Some people need a little help just to get through a tough time. Others have been struggling their entire lives. Whatever the situation, we are here to help.
Here is a list of available services:
- Full Choice Food Pantry
- Financial Assistance for basic emergency needs
- Medical Clinic for uninsured adults (Limited)
- Dental Clinic for uninsured adults
- Living Basics Classes
- Eyeglass and Hearing Aid Applications
- Referrals to and Financial support for Tri-District Adult Education Center
- (GED, Work Keys, Computer Skills, and Literacy)
- The Benefit Bank
- Access to Carolina Community Actions
- (Heating and Cooling Assistance)
- Referral to other Service Providers
In order to receive assistance, we do require that every person be able to provide the information necessary to qualify for help. Our funds are limited and, because we receive food through The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), we are also bound to certain income eligibility guidelines.
The application for assistance is done in person.
In order to receive our services, there are a few items that you will need to bring with you when you apply. Each of these is described in a little more detail to help ensure that you have everything you need when you come in to our agency so that there are no delays in the services you may be eligible to receive. Simply follow the steps below and you will be on your way to finding the help you need.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US! WE GENERALLY HAVE SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER CALLS MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND THURSDAY FROM 8:00AM – 5:00PM. IF YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE, WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN!