Volunteer Job Descriptions
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Clover Area Assistance Center. We have so many positions available, that there is sure to be one (or more) opportunities you would enjoy. Every day that you volunteer, you will leave CAAC knowing that you’ve made a difference in your community!
Following is a list of existing volunteer opportunities. We often add new positions and some positions are created when someone with a certain skill set is willing to donate their time and talent. Because all this information can be overwhelming, once you apply and have been interviewed, we generally ask volunteers to “test drive” a few positions just to get a feel for CAAC, our services, and the people we help.
Feel free to read through the descriptions, or simply Apply Now!
- Computer skills/comfort required for data entry.
- Greet new clients and/or clients needing updates or financial assistance.
- Enter client information (new or updated) following instructions provided.
- No computer skills required
- Assist the Front Desk Volunteer, answer phone, make copies of forms, set up clipboards with necessary forms, greet clients as they enter and sign in any clients seeking financial assistance or needing an update.
- Refer client to Operations Manager as needed.
- Unlock and lock front doors at opening and closing.
- Computer skills and comfort level required
- Counsel clients on budgeting techniques.
- Review bill(s) with client and assess eligibility potential
- Make decision regarding financial support according to agency guidelines
- Work with vendors and client to negotiate payments.
- Maintain record of action taken in database and daily report